A short introduction for accessing FormReturn's database can be found on the videos page.
The important things to know:
- Use SquirrelSQL (http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/) to connect to the database (this is one of the best clients we know of for Apache Derby).
- Use the derbynet.jar JDBC driver to connect to the database (you can find this in the /lib directory inside of FormReturn's program files).
- Set the schema as "FORMRETURN" - SET SCHEMA FORMRETURN;
- The default database name is FRDB.
- The password can be found in the data directory for the program. Click the about menu in FormReturn, click "open data folder", then locate the system.password file. Open this file with a text editor (be sure not to change the contents of this file or you won't be able to access your database again).
- Use the username "formreturn" and the password above to login to the database with the schema of FORMRETURN.
- You can follow the data structure by looking at the foreign keys. If you need extra help trying to understand how it all strings together, take a look at the FormReturn API (http://bitbucket.org/formreturn/frapi).
- There is a trigger to run the image processor when you insert an image into the INCOMING_IMAGES table.